The northern region of India apart from its heritage is also popular for its holy temples. While you might have explored the best of its cultural heritage with Golden Triangle Tour, now is the time to elevate the experience by adding the excursion to these TOP 10 TEMPLES OF NORTH INDIA…
1. Birla Mandir in Jaipur is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Deity Laxmi. The white marble structure with its three impressive stone domes appeals ever eye. With carved walls and beautiful writings on them, the temple becomes one of the best places to visit in Jaipur not only for its religious significance but for its stunning grandeur. The temple formed one of the important landmarks covered under Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour Itinerary.
2. Lotus Temple in Delhi is one of the best places you can visit with Golden Triangle Tour that prominently covers the home city of the Temple – Delhi along with Jaipur and Agra. The lotus-shaped temple is prominently famed for its ambiance and serenity. The Bahai temple is the perfect escapade for spiritual solace.
3. Golden Temple in Amritsar is our next pick in the list of the best temples of Northern India. The Sikh Pilgrimage site is recognized for its exuberantly ingenious built and spiritual significance. The grandeur of the Golden temple portrays the finest harmony of Hindu and Muslim architectural characteristics.
4. Badrinath Temple in Badrinath which is also recognized as one of the char-dhams (the four religiously significant sites as per Hinduism) is the temple dedicated to Hindu Deity Vishnu wherein he is worshipped as Badrinath. It abodes one of the eight swayam vyakta kshetras and is amongst the most visited temples of Northern India.
5. Amarnath Cave Temple in Jammu and Kashmir is one of our top picks of the best pilgrimage sites you can visit while India Tour. The reason being its religious significance and ingenious location that is within the ice-clad mountains. As per the legends, it is the peaceful abode of Lord Shiva wherein the Pilgrims can seek his blessings.
6. Mansa Devi Temple in Haridwar is one of the most popular sacred sites of this holy city. The temple is counted amongst the Siddha Peetha which as per the legends is the place where your desires will surely be fulfilled. The pious site is dedicated to Deity Mansa. Along with stairs, access to temple is granted via ropeways too. So along with seeking the blessing enjoy the panoramic view of forest and mountains and Holy Ganges.
7. Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple in Delhi is our next pick for the best temples to visit in India. The religiously significant structure is one of the destinations covered under Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour as well. The pilgrimage site is located near the banks of Yamuna. The 11 feet high idol of Lord Swaminarayan is beautifully perched under the central dome.
8. Vaishno Devi Temple in Jammu and Kashmir is yet another popular temple to visit in Northern India. The temple is famed for its spirituality and is visited by several thousand pilgrims every year. The principal deity resides here in the form of three rock heads which are referred to as “Pindies”
9. Galtaji in Jaipur, which is also known as the Monkey Temple of the Pink City. The city forms the substantial part of India Triangle tour and the temple can be visited with the same tour program. It is the series of the temple nestled on the rear outlines of the oldest mountain ranges of the country – Aravali.
10. Jwalamukhi Devi Temple in Himachal Pradesh is our last pick of the best temples to visit in India. The temple is dedicated to Deity Jwala, a form of Goddess Durga. The interesting thing is the flame from the crevices of the rocks is the principal deity here and is worshipped in the same form.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *